Greater Houston Sharpening

Back to search

    What is this weird stuff covering the edges of my newly sharpened knives?

  • For everyone's safety, any item that we sharpen that has a relatively long and exposed edge that could be handled relatively careless by the general public and/or hardware store employees, we try to help protect.

    It's called "sharpener's wax" and it's truly just a tougher form of ordinary candle wax in reality.

    As in 300° melting point wax but that allows it to almost effortlessly peel off with your fingers once you're safely back at home with your newly sharpened item(s).

    Other item(s) that we protect are machetes, carbide saw blades, axes, hatches, etc.  Semi-dangerous stuff for one and all, yes?